Banyoles Archaeological Museum houses a large collection of pieces from various excavations in the region.
The visit is divided into rooms on various periods: palaeontology, pre-history and history.
Some of the most important pieces on view have been recovered from sites at: the Serinyà Caves, the Roman villa of Vilauba, the Neolithic village of La Draga.
- winter: Tuesday to Saturday, 10:30 am to 1:30 pm and 4 pm to 6:30 pm Sunday, 10:30 am to 2 pm.
- summer: (July and August):Tuesday to Saturday, 10:30 am to 1:30 pm and 4 pm to 7:30 pm Sunday, 10:30 am to 2 pm.
- general price: €3
- reduced price*: €1.5
- visit to both museums: €4
- groups (10 people and over): €1 (includes visit to both museums)
- under-16s, teacher’s card holders, members of the AMC, of ICOM, Friends of the Banyoles Museums and the Association of Professionals for Cultural Management: free
*over-65s, Youth Card holders, student card holders and participants in sporting events (with the registration voucher, on the same day as the sporting event)
For further information contact the
Plaça de la Font, 11
972 57 23 61