The Carrer de la Paraireria is the town’s shortest and narrowest street. It was documented for the first time in 1301 and its buildings date from medieval times.
The houses are built with cut and shaped Banyoles stone. Originally, it was where the wool carders (“paraires”) lived. Theirs was one of the town’s oldest guilds, and their work consisted of preparing the wool so that it could be woven.